My daughter was born half Canadian-Portuguese, half Canadian. So I wanted to make sure that she had a bit of BOTH languages in her vocabulary. So I bought this book. Not only am I learning the language, but so is my 18 month old daughter. It's got great pictures, and at the back of the book it has the words, the pronunciation and then what the word is in English! It's FANTASTIC! The bonus part of this book is I can type in any page of the book on the Usborne Quicklinks site and the list of words on that page are listed. I then click on the play button beside the word and the word is spoken back in the correct pronunciation. WHAT A SMART IDEA! I love this book!
Jennifer Howard-Smith, 3 April 2009
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'First thousand words in Portuguese'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.
Links & fun
Usborne Publishing is not responsible for the content of external websites.