There are over ninety pieces to cut out and assemble to make this superb model of a 14th century castle. Surrounded by a moat with a drawbridge which goes up and down, the scene is crammed with accurate historical detail. The carefully designed model provides hours of model-making fun and there are around forty groups of figures and props to bring the finished castle to life, including knights and ladies and servants going about their everyday tasks. The base of the finished model measures 460 x 590mm (18 x 23in) and the castle is approximately 220mm (8in) high.
Press & blog reviews
Rome wasnít built in a day, but a replica model will be! Arm yourself with scissors and glue to recreate Viking settlements, Roman villas and medieval villages packed with accurate historical detail Ė why not start with a 14th century castle or a Greek temple?
Get hands-on with history! This book contains all the pieces needed to make a detailed medieval castle, teaching not just patience and accuracy but also loads of historical tidbits about how castles were designed. Itís a brilliant project for you and your child to make together.
The School Run
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'Make this medieval castle'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.